Professor Chen Li
School of Information and Computer Sciences
Bren Hall, Room 2092
University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-3435
Phone: (949) 824-9470 (Office)
CHENLI AT ics DOT uci DOT edu
Information Systems Group
- (4/26/17) Our TextDB demo at ICDE 2017 won the Best Demo award 🙂
- (4/2017) This quarter I am again teaching CS122B titled “Projects in Databases and Web Applications,” and planning to make some changes, e.g., adding Google Cloud Platform.
- (4/2017) I also teach CS290 titled “Text Analytics in the Big Data Era,” in which I work with a team of graduate students to conduct research in the context of the TextDB project.
- (1/2017) Glad to announce that the recent Couchbase Analytics extension is based on the Apache AsterixDB codebase 🙂
- (1/2017) This quarter I am teaching CS122B titled “Projects in Databases and Web Applications.”
- (11/2016) I am looking for 2-3 PhD students to work on my current projects. If you are interested in large-scale data management (in particular, analytics and visualization), text analytics, and open source system building, feel free to contact me.
- (11/2016) At the ACM GIS conference in San Francisco, Jianfeng will show our Cloudberry system to support interactive analytics and visualization on one billion tweets. Here’s the paper.
- (9/2016) I gave a talk about Cloudberry at APWeb, Suzhou, China.
- (9/2016) This quarter I am teaching CS222/CS122C titled “Principles of Data Management.”
- (8/18/2016) Our PhD student, Young-Seok Kim, co-advised by Prof. Mike Carey, has successfully defended his PhD thesis. He will join Samsung in Korea. Congratulations!
- (8/16/2016) I attended the MHSRS symposium in Florida and presented a poster about Cloudberry.
- (8/15/2016) Jianfeng made a great video about Cloudberry.
- (7-8/2016) Summer talks:
- (6/2016) Summer plan: I am working with a group of students on the following projects: (1) Improve AsterixDB; (2) Use AsterixDB to develop Cloudberry to do large-scale data analytics and visualization; and (3) Continue developing TextDB to do scalable and declarative information extraction. We also study how to use these techniques to solve Zika-related problems.
- (6/2016) Together with Prof. Aditi Majumder, we received a grant from ARL to study how to use analytics and visualization on large data sets using AsterixDB.
- (6/2016) Our Apache AsterixDB project has officially graduated from its incubator.
- Archived news